If you seem to be running out of gas more quickly than usual, you can perform a simple leak test of your gas system.
- Place a good amount of detergent in a spray bottle with some water and combine.
- With the gas turned on, lightly spray the mixture onto the:
- Cylinder fittings
- Connection pipes or regulator hose
- Connection point to your portable gas device or house or business.
- Look for bubbles anywhere from the cylinder to the connection point.
- If you see any bubbles, you have a gas leak. Note the point of the leak and turn the gas supply off immediately.
- Do not use the gas system until the leak has been fixed.
- Once you have completed your check, wipe the soapy water off with clean water.
If you notice any gas leaks, contact Gas R Us or a licensed gasfitter.