You can perform a simple safety check of your gas system including your gas appliances and gas cylinders at your home or business.
- Regularly inspect for any signs of corrosion, deterioration or damage.
- Ensure there are no combustible materials near your gas appliances.
- Ensure gas cylinders are secured and located away from ignition or heat sources and that the cylinder valve of any cylinder (whether full or ‘empty’) is sealed when not in use.
- Conduct a leak check of your gas system.
- Check the gas appliance manufacturer’s instructions for any other information about cleaning and maintenance.